10.04.2011

Quickie Review: The Seeking Kiss (Eden Bradley)

Synopsis:

Two vampires, one woman, an eternity of love and desire…if only she’s strong enough…

London 2069
For as long as Nissa has known about Midnight Playground, the most exclusive of a world-wide network of vampire sex clubs, she has yearned to gain entrance—and to become one of them. Orphaned and alone from a young age, she has nothing to lose and nothing to stop her from indulging in her darkest fantasies.

Hex and his maker, Aleron, have enjoyed many play partners at the club and have often shared in the euphoria of the Seeking Kiss, that sensual blood exchange between vampires and their lovers. But Nissa’s beauty, intelligence and strength is a siren call he can’t resist.. His desire for her and her willingness to let herself be drawn by their mental pull compels Hex to consider offering to her something he’s never given another mortal– the treasured Turning Kiss.

The beautiful vampire pair entice Nissa into an intimate sexual realm beyond her wildest dreams—and she revels in it. But when she finds herself falling for one of the powerful duo, it could mean the end of her deepest fantasies. Or a new beginning she never dared to imagine…

Review:

When I read the synopsis of this book, I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.  It sounded intriguing and I thought it was just the right kind of story to fit my mood for that day.  I have to say, though, I wasn't very impressed.  The story seemed too abrupt and clipped.  Now, I know that for a short story the author has to cut out some elements to save her word count, but this seemed a bit extreme. 

The story began abruptly.  Nissa is going to the sex club.  That's it.  Nothing leading up to it.  She met Hex and Aleron abruptly.  Sure, there war glances and whatnot, but for someone who was waiting for her invitation to the club, she didn't seem to spend much time "mingling" if that makes sense.  The sex begins abruptly, which I guess could be a bit erotic, so no problem there.  But then the story just... ends.  There isn't much time for me, as a reader, to enjoy the characters individually or as a couple.  

All that being said, it's not terribly written.  The storyline just wasn't for me.  I feel like sometimes I just need some "fluff" with my stories and this didn't have any.

Rating:


It definitely isn't one-star-worthy.  It just wasn't for me.

Heat Factor:


If you're looking for some hot m/f/m vampire menage, this book is for you!  Lots of steamy sex to wet your... appetite. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I told you mine, now you tell me yours!