10.15.2011

Blog Tour: Deadly Secrets (Guest Post)


Please help me welcome LeeAnn Burke, Author or Deadly Secrets, who is here to give us a glimpse into her experience getting published.

My publishing partner - patience 

There are tons of book about the craft of writing, which publisher is looking for what type of book, how to get an agent. I confess I read most of them at one time or another. What I discovered on my own is that patience would be my partner through my years of writing and trying to get published.

I wrote for 22 years before I got my “call”, but for the first 15 of those years I simply wrote for the pleasure of it and not to get published. So once I decided to seek publication I looked into all aspect of the industry from getting agents to promotion once I was published. Innocently I started to send out my book to everyone I could send it to. I thought an editor would fall in love with it as I did once they read my book and want to publish it right away.

Boy was I wrong. Actually most of those publishers never responded to that submission which was a blessing. There was a reason those editors didn’t call, my writing was as good as I once thought it to be. So I worked and waited patiently. I joined a writers group and worked on my writing.

As my fellow authors found publications, I won’t lie part of me did wonder why not me. However instead of fuelling me with anger and regret, it got me to work even harder. I knew that my contact was just around the corner. I just had to wait and keep working.

The one night I did get my call and I have to say that it was well worth all the years of waiting. I thought, finally I am on my way – my book will be out in mere months or maybe a year at the most. Well that didn’t happen. A year after I signed my contract my publisher sold her business to Lachesis Publishing and it took another year and a half before my book came out.

So as you can tell patience was a partner for me during my road to publication. However I got the biggest reward of all in the end. I got to hold my book (there is nothing like it) with a beautiful sticker stating that my book as an official sponsor for the American Breast Cancer Foundation (abcf.org). All the wait and the why not me thoughts were worth it in the long run.

So if you are an author trying to get published, don’t loose hope. Keep working on your writing, be patient and when your time comes around celebrate it.

In honor of Breast Cancer month we are offering DEADLY SECRETS ebook $2.99 & will done $1 to the American Breast Cancer Foundation.

~~~~~~~~~~



At the age of 12 Leeann put pen to paper and created stories. She finished her first and only short story within weeks. She kept on writing through high school, university and her first few dead end jobs. To this day she still has a pen and paper handy.


After 22 years of writing she finally got “the call”. The owner of LBF Books called to let me know she wanted to purchase DEADLY SECRETS. Her dream was finally coming true. She decided to give her dream more purpose by donating funds to the American Breast Cancer Foundation (ABCF) and to a Canadian organization that does Breast Cancer Research. DEADLY SECRETS is also a proud sponsor for ABCF. THE BOOK

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finally getting there!! We're all glad that patience was a steady companion for you. Deadly Secrets looks like a great read and has been added to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete

I told you mine, now you tell me yours!