8.04.2011

Quickie Review: Ecstasy (Bella Andre)

Synopsis:

Candace, a newcomer to writing erotica, is thrilled when Charlie, a veteran of the industry, agrees to be her mentor. But neither of them ever expected that Charlie's lessons on new positions, using toys, varying locations and role playing would spiral from verbal instruction into hot, hands on education. Unfortunately, Candace's deception about the new erotic romance she's writing--where Charlie plays the starring role--is about to threaten their one chance at true love.

Review:

This book started out with promise. I like that the author addressed the "taboo" of romance writers and their struggle to be taken seriously within the writing community. I also like that what started out as instruction soon turned into passion. I mean, who hasn't had that fantasy?

The problem I had was that while the sparks between the characters certainly fly, the chemistry between them was lacking. There was no denying that they lusted after each other and the author writes some amazing, steamy scenes. I just couldn't really imagine their relationship moving past the sex.

Rating:


Not terrible, but without more to the plot, it's just not for me.

Heat Factor:


There is plenty of steamy scenes in this novella, but that's about it.

A copy of Ecstasy was provided to me for review by the publisher and netgalley.com.

1 comment:

I told you mine, now you tell me yours!