8.12.2011

Blog Tour: Night Walker (Author Guest Post)

I just love having authors on my blog! Please help me welcome Lisa Kessler, author of the new book, Night Walker!

~~~~~~~~~~

An Ode to eBooks…

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to be here on the Secrets of a Book Lover blog! Thanks for having me…
I've been a book lover ever since I could read. Our local library used to have a 3 item limit to check out books, but they gave me a special red card so I had permission to check out 10 items at a time. (I thought I was hot stuff, lemme tell ya!)

I love scanning book covers, reading blurbs, and finding new authors or a new series. But I have a secret to share…

I'm desperately in love with my Kindle! *insert B-movie horror scream*

My Kindle affair started a year ago. My Mom got me a Kindle for my birthday. I was very curious about the “eBook craze”, but I was fairly certain I would only use the Kindle for books that were only available in eBook format.

But once I started reading on it, I fell in love. The type was larger, I read faster, I never lost my place or had to hunt for something to mark my pages, and it was completely hands-free. I think it was the hands-free that ended up winning me over.

Since I write at night, my only reading time is during my lunch hour at work every day. I never realized what a pain it was to keep my book propped open while trying to eat a sandwich! My Kindle eliminated the crazy contortions needed to keep my elbow pressed against the spine of the book to hold it open while I munched my sandwich. Magic! It lies on the table, with its larger font and I just press one button to flip the page.

I was in love.

But for weeks, I felt like I'd gone to the dark side. My love for my kindle was so strong that I downloaded some books into my Kindle that I already owned in paperback on my TBR pile because I knew I'd never again crack open that paperback and do battle while trying to eat my lunch. It took some time before I was able to hold my head high and tell others that “I love reading on my Kindle!”

In fact, now that my first book, Night Walker, has just been released, I get so jazzed that people are buying the eBook that I'm hosting a contest for the month of August for readers to send me pictures of themselves with Night Walker! You can see some of the photos posted here à http://facebook.com/NightSeries

The winner will get a signed poster of the hunky Night Walker cover! Yum! Entries have already started coming in from all over the world… Soooo cool!

The paperback is beautiful too, and I do have one to hold forever, but if I ever read it again, it'll be on my Kindle… LOL

So what about you? Do you have an eReader? Do you love it? Let me know… You secret is safe with me! :)

Lisa

I love to meet readers online so feel free to connect with me!

http://lisakessler.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/LdyDisney
http://facebook.com/LisaKesslerWriter
http://facebook.com/NightSeries
http://goodreads.com/LisaKessler
http://Lisa-Kessler.com

~~~~~~~~~~

Night Walker

He gave up his soul for a second chance to love her…

Two and a half centuries ago, Calisto Terana lost everything when a zealous priest murdered the woman he loved. Now, desperate for another chance to love her, he wants redemption for the mistake that cost her life.

She’s haunted by dreams of her own death…

After catching her fiance with another woman, Kate Bradley returns to San Diego to clear her head. The last thing she needs is romance, but after meeting Calisto she’s drawn to him in ways she doesn’t understand.

They’ve waited in the shadows for centuries…

Calisto has no doubt Kate is the reincarnation of his lost love, but the Fraternidad Del Fuego Santo has a new watcher with dark ambitions of his own. As old enemies reemerge and a new threat arises, the betrayal that enslaved Calisto to the night might destroy the only woman he’s ever loved again.

~~~~~~~~~~

About the Author:

Lisa Kessler is an avid reader and writer of dark fiction. Her short stories have been published in print anthologies and magazines, and her vampire story, Immortal Beloved, was a finalist for a Bram Stoker award.

Lisa recently signed a 4 book deal with Entangled Publishing to release her Night Series. The first book, Night Walker, is scheduled to be released August 5th.

When she's not writing, Lisa is a professional vocalist, performing with the San Diego Opera as well as other musical theater companies in San Diego. You can learn more at http://Lisa-Kessler.com

Lisa lives in southern California with her incredibly fun husband and two amazing kids.

14 comments:

  1. I confess as well, I have a kindle (actually my second one) and I love it. Everywhere I go, my kindle goes. I read it at my desk while eating lunch, I plug it into my IPOD jack in my car and listen to it on the way home from work, I have kindle for PC on both my home and work PC (I can pretend to be working but be reading, don't tell). I, too, thought I would hate it, now if I have to read a DTB in order to review I fuss the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was against ebooks, I was. I am a paper junkie and love my books- addicted to them. I am a book hoarder. Then I finally caved and got a Kindle, my kids all bought me Amazon gift cards for Christmas so I could buy one- now I'm in love. I'm still not crossing over all the way to giving up my physical books but I do love my Kindle. I got an awesome leather case for it and a cute little clip on light and I'm good to go reading anywhere, anytime. And I even subscribed to Pixels of Ink so I can see what free ebooks I can add everyday. Now I have a ton of books that can go anywhere with me all on one convenient little gadget. I have to love the sheer convenience of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa - I own a Kindle AND a Nook, but don't read books on either yet, though I have downloaded a few (including my own books, to see how they look!) I prefer listening to audio books in my car, and the comfort of knowing there's a great book on my nightstand that I can pick up and hold.

    Will be at your book signing this weekend!

    Linda
    www. lindathomas-sundstrom. com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Loves to dive!

    I've only tried having the Kindle read to me a couple of times... My teens found it hysterical to hear the Kindle computer voice read the word "shitstorm"... LOL

    It was actually impressive that it knew that word! LOL

    Thanks for commenting!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roxanne -

    I just sucscribed to Pixels of Ink too! I love that!! :)

    Not as much as I love my Kindle, but... LOL

    Thanks for commenting!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda! *waving*

    You both a Kindle and a Nook? Wow!!! You're an eReader over-achiever! LOL

    Thanks for commenting and for coming to my very first ever book signing!!! I'm so excited!!! LOL

    *HUGS*

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my Kindle and I especially love the hands free reading. Have you seen the flip covers made by Javoedge? The cover is made so that you can stand the kindle up like an easel. It makes for even easier reading while you eat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Nook and am totally in love with it. Which doesn't mean I've given up on print books! I love the ability to get free or $.99 books that I would never have known about, much less read, before.

    Wasn't aware of Pixels of Ink, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ebooks. It's the instant gratification factor. It used to take months for recent releases to get to NZ, but now I can buy an ebook online. Unfortunately purchasing an ereader is more difficult. I understand Kindles are coming down under very soon. Meantime I love my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen -

    No I haven't heard of the Javoedge!!! THat sounds so cool...

    I'm off to scour eBay! LOL

    Thanks for the tip and the comment! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen -

    Pixels of Ink is a fabulous daily newsletter! of great digital book deals... I love it! :)

    Thanks for commenting!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI SHelley! *waving*

    I had no idea you don't have Kindles in NZ! Do you have the Kindle ap for your iPad?

    I bet eBooks really help with no shipping costs too, right?

    Thanks for commenting! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. LIsa - I just checked the Javoedge website and the flip covers are only $20 brand new. They've come down in price because I'm pretty sure I paid $30 for mine - still very cheap for a cover. I can tell you they are very durable. Mine is now 1.5 years old and looks brand new. Considering how much I use my kindle and that it lives in my purse and is constantly being banged up, that's pretty remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my Kindle - I have been a voracious reader for years and have developed some problems with my hands that make holding a wonderfully bound book for any length of time - my husband and son got me my kindle for my birthday and I am so thrilled to be able to carry an entire library with me wherever I want to read :) Thank you so much for sharing today, I look forward to reading Night Walker and following the tour - I have a phobia about pictures, however, so will not enter the contest LOL

    ReplyDelete

I told you mine, now you tell me yours!