6.15.2011

Book Review: When You Dare (Lori Foster)

Synopsis:

The tougher they are, the harder they fall…

Professional mercenary Dare Macintosh lives by one hard and fast rule: business should never be personal. If a cause appeals to him and the price is right, he'll take the mission he's offered. But then the lovely Molly Alexander asks him to help her track down the men who'd had her kidnapped—and for the first time, Dare's tempted to combine work with pleasure.

Fiercely independent, Molly vows to trust no one until she's uncovered the truth. Could the enemy be her powerful, estranged father? The ex-fiancĂ© who still holds a grudge? Or the not-so-shy fan of her bestselling novels? As the danger heats up around them, the only anchor Molly has is Dare himself. But what she feels for him just might be the most frightening thing of all…

Review:

Oh, where to start . . .

I loved Dare. I mean, with a name like Dare, who can resist? He's strong, controlled and meticulous. He's a mercenary and has the body that goes with it. He's cool under pressure and focused on the job at hand. Dare is the definition of alpha male.

Molly isn't your typical damsel in distress. She's been kidnapped, beaten and tormented for nine days, yet keeps her cool and stays practical and level headed after her rescue. Even during her captivity, she never backed down from her tormentors. She fought with them and never gave them the satisfaction of seeing her break down. She is tough as nails and has a firm grasp on her independence.  I love that in a female character.

The relationship that buds between Molly and Dare is emotional and intense. Despite his tough, rugged appearance and the cool, methodical nature of his work, Dare warms to Molly quickly. He finds himself drawn to Molly, feeling a need to protect her and care for her. His alpha instincts kick in but he's not macho and overbearing. And regardless of the strong front she puts on, Molly finds herself needing Dare's comfort to put her at ease after nine days of Hell.

I'm a sucker for a tough guy with a soft side and Lori Foster creates him perfectly with Dare. There are some tender moments between Dare and Molly that left me swooning! He has strong hands with a tender touch. From brushing her hair and kissing her bruises to sweeping her off her feet in the bedroom, Dare is the man every woman dreams of.

Rating:



It wasn't hard for me to give this book 5 stars. I was addicted to the characters before they fell for each other. The story brought them together beautifully and I was sad that it had to end. When reviewing a book, I will typically go back and read certain pages, but in doing that with When You Dare, I found myself nearly re-reading this book. I had to force myself to stop reading after a few chapters. Needless to say, I will be picking this one up again in the future.

Heat Factor:


Breaking a sweat!

The chemistry between Molly and Dare is perfect. It's not rushed and lusty. Sure, there is plenty of desire but there is also restraint and respect which only makes for bigger fireworks once they get together.

This book is a must read for anyone who loves a good romantic suspense story. You will not be disappointed!

The story itself is just as intense as the bonds that form between Dare and Molly. There are plenty of twists and lots of drama.

You can check out my Sexy Snippets featuring When You Dare here and you can read an excerpt of the book here.

A copy of When You Dare was provided to me for review by the publisher and netgalley.com.

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I've actually been considering buying this book. The books I read with all human characters are few and far between, but Ive seen so many reviews raving bout this book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I told you mine, now you tell me yours!