4.06.2011

Book Review: Pink Satin (Jennifer Greene)

Synopsis:

With the figure of a sex symbol and a career as a lingerie executive, Greer Lothrop is used to attracting more than her fair share of male attention. After years of unwanted stares, she is far more comfortable playing mother hen than femme fatale.

She's shocked when there's nothing motherly about the feelings her new neighbor, engineer Ryan McCullough, arouses in her. She's never been attracted to a man of such raw sexuality before. What is it about Ryan that has her confiding in him—and falling into his arms—within hours of meeting?

It's clear Ryan isn't interested in Greer for her chicken soup. He's not falling for her girl-next-door routine either, no matter how hard she tries to deny their chemistry. He knows there's a passionate woman behind the facade—and he knows just how to awaken her...

Review:

I liked this book because I felt like Greer was someone I would be friends with.  She seemed down to earth, friendly and fun to be around.  She has her hang ups like most women and is self conscious about her body.  Who can't relate to that?  She also has the same confusing internal struggle when it comes to the new man in her life.  Sometimes it's sweet, funny or endearing but other times it's frustrating, which makes it feel real.

I liked Ryan, too.  There were a few things that I didn't like in his character but for the most part I liked him.  Ryan is sensitive, caring and protective.  He cautiously pursues Greer but has the occasional burst of possessiveness that I found a little off putting.  Now, I like my fair share of strong, possessive alpha males but they really have to own it.  I didn't feel like it suited Ryan and I would have preferred more consistency in his character.

The story was a good one, too.  It had fun moments, along with tense, passionate, suspenseful and emotional moments as well.  Overall I liked the story line which followed Greer and Ryan's relationship but also included her job as well as her phone stalker.  I think I would have liked to know a little more about Ryan though.

Rating:


I liked this story.  I wish it was a little longer because I think it had a lot of potential.  If the author had focused a little bit on Ryan and his history it would have added to the relationship between him and Greer.  I also think the story would have benefitted from a little plot building around the phone stalker.  

Heat Factor:


Hot under the collar!

There is definitely chemistry between Greer and Ryan.  The intensity of the phone stalker and Greer's insecurities definitely fuel the growing flame between them.  It's not bodice-ripping passion but there is no doubt that the sexual tension is almost tangible through the entire book.

Definitely pick this one up if you're looking for a quick, romantic read laced with a bit of suspense.

A copy of Pink Satin was provided to me for review by the publisher and netgalley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I told you mine, now you tell me yours!