3.25.2011

Friday Blog Follow

Happy Friday!

So, it's Friday and I'm doing the blog hop/follow/tagalong thing.  I love getting the chance to peruse new blogs so please let me know if you stopped by (by leaving a comment) and I will be sure to check you out. I'm also looking to fill in some space in my "Secretly Stalking" section so I will be grabbing some buttons today, too.

Anyway, here we go!

Photobucket

I'm loving the 18 & Over Book Blogger Tagalong, hosted by Bitten by Paranormal Romance! I never get tired of new leads on steamy reads!  Hey, I'm a poet and didn't even know it! (Insert awkward laughter here)  Anyway, if you have some sexy books on your blog, don't be selfish.  Grab the button, slap it up there and share your blog with the rest of us!

Here's the question for this week: Where is your favorite place to buy or swap books?

Right now, it's amazon.com.  I have my Kindle now so that's become my book haven.  Before I had my Kindle I used to spend a ridiculous amount of time at Borders.  There's a Barnes & Noble closer to me but I liked the Borders by me because I could sit in the aisles with books laid out in front of me while I contemplated my next purchase (which cold take HOURS because of my indecisive nature) without anyone bothering me.  I miss my Borders. :(



Of course, there's Follow My Book Blog Friday over at Parajunkee's View.  No requirement for hot blog content for this one (but of course this book lover wouldn't mind!) so grab the button and let's go!

Here's this week's question: Inspired by the inane Twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five book related silly facts about you.


1. I'm obsessive about reading when I'm not reading.  Goodreads is my new crack.  My Facebook friends probably think I died.
2. I'm obsessive about which books I buy.  I think blogging is the best thing to happen to books.  Because who can really rely on those silly New York Times book reviews anyway.  Now we can all get real book reviews from real people.
3. I'm obsessive about what I'm reading.  When I'm reading I'm just as bad as when I'm watching TV.  I don't hear anyone around me so if you want to talk to me, make sure you have my attention first.
4. I'm obsessive about my books.  Which is yet another reason it's a good thing I have a Kindle.  No more worrying about breaking spines, dog-eared pages or choosing which books I'm going to keep and what I'm willing to part with.
5. I'm obsessive the stories and characters.  I even dream about them.

Now go link up!

Have a sexy weekend!


16 comments:

  1. Hi hi. I am your newest follower and I definitely agree about your Kindle comment even though I have a NookColor. It has made reading so much easier, so much more fun and definitely easier to maintain my OCD tendencies regarding books as well haha! Anyway, please stop by my blog to follow me and read some of my reviews if you have some time too.

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    Thanks and I hope you're having a wonderful Friday morning so far! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so share your obsessions . . . Goodreads isn't just crack, it's like a second home. :)

    Sally @ Bibrary Bookslut

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my love. LoL, I am the same way in a book store. The kids hate it now that they took out the train table! So in return, my kids re-organize the shelfs for them while I debate. Hehe. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through on the 18 & over. I travel a lot so I have to check for used stores where ever I am.
    I seldom use amazon, they take too long on the shipping.
    If I buy online I use thriftbooks. I love the no shipping.

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping on through. In regards to your book facts... Number 3 is me too, all the way! I used to get in trouble when I was younger because my family said I never listened.. but I was just too busy reading. ;)

    Have a great weekend!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodreads is such a time sucker of mine too

    To find out bookish facts about me and to follow me back (I’m following you now from Follow Friday) check out My Follow Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am an amazon shopper too. My closest book store is 30 min. away and its Barnes and Noble so I just go online.

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Goodreads! I've found so many good books to read since discovering that site.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I eat my fair share of fatty stuff, too, not only sunflower seeds!

    Hope you have a great weekend :)

    Lacey in the Sky with Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! You're so right, it is like we're the same person. Lol! Well, I'm following you back so if you're a stalker, I guess I am too. :)
    Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think blogging is great too. I take a bloggers view more seriously than a professional who I think can be too critical of unimportant stuff. I'm a new follower. My FF is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. New follower! I am obsessive about almost everything book related too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your list and your site.

    New follower.
    www.reflectionsofabookaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm an obsessive too! I love my Kindle as much as my husband ;-)
    I know what you mean about facebook, my friends think I've been kidnapped as I'm hardly ever there any more since I was given a Kindle for my birthday in Feb!

    Loving your blog, so very cool!

    J x

    http://www.jemimavalentino.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. New follower! Great blog! Welcome to the blogosphere:) Drop by if you get a chance!

    Kristin@ My Bookish Ways

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I'm an old follower (I guess old but only from last week!). Hope you have a great weekend! Drop by my place if you get the chance.

    Gabrielle Bisset
    http://gbisset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for hopping by my blog!

    have a great weekend!

    Redd @ the wyld hollow

    ReplyDelete

I told you mine, now you tell me yours!