3.23.2011

Book Review: Friendly Fire (Megan Hart)

Synopsis:

DEA Agent Kendall Frasier doesn't want to see the man who shot and killed her partner. Zane Vincent wants to forget about the bust gone bad and the man he killed. When both officers arrive at the same tropical island for a department-regulated vacation, more heats up than just the sand and sun. Will they let their past prejudices keep them from giving in to their mutual attraction, or will Zane and Kendall both succumb to a little Friendly Fire?

Review:

This was a quick read, only 50(ish) pages and I finished it in less than two hours (with interruptions from two very small housemates).

I liked the premise of the story and the way the character are thrown together almost against their will.  I would have been very interested in seeing this as a longer novel because the back story was very interesting.  I would have loved to have the whole story behind the shooting that killed Kendall's partner.

Rating:


I liked this book, but because it was so short, it was hard to really get into the story and connect with the characters.  There are some books that I like to read as "in-between" book to kind of reset my mind and get ready for the next story.  This was the perfect book for that.  If it had been longer, I think I would have liked it more.

Heat Factor:


Breaking a sweat!

There is no doubt this book was filled with steamy moments and the author certainly spares very little detail.  But the scenes were very short, seemingly over just as they got heated.  I guess I shouldn't have expected much more than that with such a short book, but it left a little something to be desired.

Overall, I liked this short story.  I just wish there had been more of it.

An electronic copy of Friendly Fire was provided to me for review by the publisher and netgalley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I told you mine, now you tell me yours!